The world has changed, and so have we. Our services are now entirely online, and simpler than ever.
We are a full service firm, that means we commission and notarize all document types in Ontario.
Our hours are broad: 8:30am to 5:30pm from Monday to Saturday.
Get started by following the steps below:
1. First, we need to find out if your document is ready or you need it drafted. If you need it drafted, select it from the list below, or contact us and we'll draft it:
- Common Law Relationship Affidavit (typically for OSAP purposes)
- Consent to Travel Document (typically for taking children across international borders)
- Estranged Marital Union Affidavit (typically for OSAP purposes)
- Income Affidavit (typically for OSAP purposes)
- Indigenous Identity Affidavit (typically for OSAP purposes)
- Letter of Invitation (to invite persons to visit Canada)
- Name Clarification Affidavit (also known as a "one and the same name" affidavit)
- Powers of Attorney for Property and Personal Care (the two standard POAs required in Ontario)
- Power of Attorney for the Sale, Purchase, or Registration of Property (for your property transactions)
- Single Parent Affidavit (typically for OSAP purposes)
- Single Status Affidavit (typically in support of a pending marriage)
- Watercraft or Pleasure Craft Affidavit (to transfer ownership of a boat)
3. In preparation for your appointment:
- have your government-issued photo identification ready
- if your document requires your signature, don't sign until you are on the video call
- have a scanner ready [or use the CamScanner phone app, or take a picture of your document]
5. By video, we'll verify your identity and signature, see you sign the document, and have you scan and send it to us.
6. Upon receiving your document, which will typically be in less than a minute, we'll notarize it.
7. You'll receive your notarized document by email right away. We'll place a paper version in the mail on the same day.
Our fees per embossing are $45 for the first, $35 for the second, $25 for the third, $15 for the fourth, and $10 for the fifth and subsequents. Payment can be made by credit card, as well as by Debit Visa or Debit MasterCard.
No printer or scanner? No problem! We can assist with your digital PDF documents.
To book an appointment, simply click on the "Get Started" button below.
Service Conditions and Limitation: (a) Wills, Powers of Attorney, and the Certification of True Copies: A $40 surcharge, plus mailing costs, applies as these documents cannot, by law, be notarized online and thus must be mailed. (b) Real Estate Notarizations: An $80 surcharge applies as the full set of documents must be scanned and emailed for examination at least 24 hours in advance, and three identity documents must be verified per person instead of the usual single identity document. One of the identity documents must be a Canadian passport. (c) Online Commissioning: While online commissionings are legal in Ontario, it remains the sole responsibility of a client intent on using a document outside Ontario or outside Canada to ensure a document will be deemed acceptable by the external jurisdiction where presentation or submission is intended.
At Oshawa-Whitby Notary Public, we offer a complete suite of convenient and cost effective notarial services - from affidavits to certified true copies, from the commissioning of oaths to letters of invitation, and from authentications & legalizations to consent to travel documents.
Emblematic of service in a multicultural society, we speak English, Hindi, Urdu, Yoruba. We are ever looking to expand our roster of languages.
With comprehensive online services from Oshawa, you'll find we are well situated to meet your needs efficiently.
Further, we are highly rated based on client reviews. Read our Google reviews here.
Whether your concern touches on marriage abroad, powers of attorney, statutory declarations or an urgent notarization, you’ll find us able to assist, friendly, professional, and highly skilled. Our objective is to render the complex simple on your behalf, ensuring your piece of mind.
Browse our services on this website, and discover why we are recognized as the default option for Oshawa Notary Public and Whitby Notary Public services.